Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 8th 2009
Published: May 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We were supposed to be able to add photos at this expensive (8 euro) internet point but its not working so we will post pics as soon as possible.

Our last morning on the farm was spent having breakfast with our new French friends and then walking around to see some animals. They had tons of baby chickens and fawn that was sweaking at me when I let it sniff my hand thru the cage. It was so cute! We were going to explore more until we heard buzzing and realized we found the bee hives where they get their honey.

We drove to Florence and got rid of the rental car. This time we only went around our circle twice. I call it the circle of death! Joe did a nice job driving here after we figured out the signs, etc. Florence was larger and full of tourists and american college kids. We saw Michelangelos statue of David and The Uffizi Gallery with The Birth of Venus. We climbed to the top of the tower next to the Duomo (church). This climb had fewer stairs then St. Peters but it was harder. It is either because our muscles are worn out or because it was all stairs. St. Peters had more ramp type stairs. The view was nice but not as amazing as the views in Assisi and Cortona of the Tuscan countryside. We decided to stay the night in Florence since so many of our friends love the town. We liked it but it still didnt top Sienna. I think it would have been my favorite in college. There are alot of things to accomodate American college kids like happy hours and our music. We like the Statue of David alot and did some early morning shopping in the street markets. We went into a meat and food market. All of the parts of the cows and pigs were displayed for purchase. The brains were layed out in an artistic display. We didnt get a picture. Too bad for all of you! We like to go into areas where the locals shop to get an idea of how they really live and eat. Sorry again about the pictures. Well try to find another place tonight. (in Venice now)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



12th May 2009

Great trip
It sounds like you are having a fabulous time! It brings back lots of memories for us. We LOVED Sienna too. We will have to get together in KC to hear more details of your trip. Have fun and stay safe.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb