classes starting!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 4th 2008
Published: June 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

florence is... amazing!

didn't end up going to cinque terre on sunday. there was a train strike so the trip got cancelled😞 i think i am going to reschedule it for a later weekend.

classes started yesterday and i love them. i am taking classic photography in the morning and ceramics at lunch time. both of my teachers are guys and i only have one guy in my photo class! and all girls in ceramics. photo was pretty boring the first day & today. we have just been going over the parts of the camera, exposures, dark room stuff.... all the basics. we are going to start shooting tomorrow so i am really excited about that. ceramics is probably my favorite class... i have already made a little bowl to hold change in. i think he is going to fire it over the weekend... i want to make a tea kettle and tea cup set... we are allowed to make whatever we want so i think that is my next goal.

every one i have met has been great. i have met some nice girls in both of my classes who are from all over.. pennsylvania, california, alabama, minnesota, florida! it is so cool. i love being here. the city is great. it is so enjoyable to walk to classes, walk to the cafe for a panini, walk around taking pictures. i am sad i won't be here for longer!

austin came into town yesterday with her tour group and we went out to an american bar close to my apartment. amber and our friends callie and leslie also came out with us. i met some of austin's AUSSIE (ha ha ) guy friends that are on the tour with her and they were really fun and outgoing. we had a really great time. thought we lost austin's purse but eventually found it, thank god. the bar was packed and there were people singing karaoke. i told austin i would pay her 5 euro to get up on stage and her friend michael added in another 10, but sad to say we did not get a performance. that would have definitely made my night.

today after two great classes i met austin & michael for lunch. got some lasagna that was so yummy. then we walked together to the film store so i could pick up some supplies for my photo class.. then we got gelato from vivoli! i got pineapple today.. soo good but i still like banana the best.

i am about to head out to meet my friend margerite and we are going to walk over to ganzo. ganzo is a restaurant that FUA just opened up... we have an orientation meeting about our weekend excursion to CAPRI and POMPEII! can hardly wait for that.

tonight i am going out with austin and her tour friends again (hopefully some of the roomies will tag along to the.. wait for it... DISCO! i have heard a lot of great/funny reviews about the disco. so we will see!

love florence. so happy!
<3 age

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb