Settignano and Sunsets


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 5th 2007
Published: October 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have been joking for some time now that we can't seem to get out of the apartment before 11 am. Which is kind of bad timing considering most places close between noon and one and don't open again until three or four. We have been getting better, I think the other day we were out about 10 - that's progress! Not that we have any pressing reason to be up early, it's just a little sad that we really can't motivate before that!

Today was an easy day because Jen was not feeling well. Hormone surge, we believe. We took the bus up to this tiny town called Settignano and strolled around. We visited the main piazza, walked to the cemetary (which for a small town was surprisingly huge) and took in the views from the hills. Sometimes it is nice to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city for a while. We could actually hear birds chirping - it was very relaxing.

Later on, back in Florence, we decided to watch the sunset from Piazza Michaelangelo. We were rewarded with some pretty great shots. We did have some time to pass before it was dark enough for the pics to really look good. Below you can see how Jen passed the time - consuming a bag of potato chips Cookie Monster style (meaning: covered in crumbs) and how Gus passed the time - consuming a very nice Belgian beer - OUT, in public! It is so nice that you can enjoy a beer outside on a glorious evening without having to worry if you are sitting inside or outside a restaurant. God bless the Italian!

We hope you like the pics - Gus really has a knack for this stuff!

E tutto per oggi!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The Cemetary at SettignanoThe Cemetary at Settignano
The Cemetary at Settignano

Very beautiful and surrounded by the forest.


7th October 2007

Just logged on
Hi guys, it's Mom Schmitz, just decided to look at the blog and really enjoyed all of the journals and pictures. Having been in Florence the end of July, all looked familiar. So glad you are having a grand time and keeping us all up to date! Not to "rain on your parade," but, I was sick every morning for nine months and I'm not just talking nauseated, if you get my drift. Have another chocolate gelato (wise decision, by the way) for me and a beer (Gus, not Jen) for Dennis. All is well here. Keep having fun. Love you, Diane

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb