Fun in Firenze


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 18th 2007
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Florence late in the afternoon, and we checked into possibly the worst hotel either of us had ever stayed in! We headed out for dinner and Karaoke on our first night out which was funny - although neither of us got to sing much to Kim’s disappointment (not… haha).

The streets in Florence were like nothing else we’d seen before, very distinctive. They are extremely narrow (which explains the bikes and Vespas) and have very tall buildings. Our first port of call was some Italian gelato which was just beautiful, the number of flavours is astounding!

Next we were taken on a short tour by a local guide who was quite interesting, as she explained stories on Leonardo, Michelangelo, and the Ponte Vecchio. We had high hopes for our Italian lunch… but it was actually really disappointing! Bring back the Aussie-Italian food!

We then climbed up the 463 steps to the top of the Duomo to get some absolutely stunning photos of the city. It was a clear day so the visibility stretched for miles!

In the evening we had a group dinner in the traditional Tuscan style. There were numerous courses (and bottles
KimKimKim

Neptune Fountain in Piazza Vecchio
of wine), and the food was very nice. After this we all headed out to the Space Electronic Disco, which was a cheesy tourist nightclub that was lots of fun - they had poles to dance on, a blow up swimming pool that people could jump in (and obviously did), and the night became very late - thankfully we had a later departure the next morning (ie 10am)!



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

David ReplicaDavid Replica
David Replica

Piazza Vecchio
DuomoDuomo
Duomo

Inside the Dome
Kim & SteveKim & Steve
Kim & Steve

From the Duomo
SteveSteve
Steve

Outside the Duomo
Steve Again...Steve Again...
Steve Again...

Portable 3.5L Heineken Keg
Space Electronic DiscoSpace Electronic Disco
Space Electronic Disco

JB (Tour Manager), Kim, Sarah & Jamie


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb