The rest of Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 30th 2007
Published: May 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Here is a super short summary, I'm so far behind!

Lucca - Heart of Tuscany. Beautiful small walled city that is like stepping back in time. Had a couple of days here.

Pisa - Wow. I know it's a tourist icon but the square in Pisa has to be one of the most beautiful in Europe. Spent just a day here but I'm so glad we didn't by pass it.

Florence - Just about my favourite place. Beautiful food, lovely people. Watched the AC Milan Vs Liverpool game at the pub lots of fun. Was dazzled by the uffizi for the second time. Saw some brilliant art at the palace. Shopped til we dropped and swanned about eating gelato and cranning our necks to take it all in. Magical place.

Roma - Very short. About 14 hours (including sleep) so ran down to my favourite place in Rome, the Roman Forum (via the Spanish steps and a few shops) managed to get in just before it closed soaking up the last bits of sunshine that cast beautiful light and shadow over the ruins. Ran past the colleseum on our way back to meet Paul for dinner. He was staying a very far way out of town and came all the way in to meet us. Had a few drinks at our hostel. Stayed at a place called The Lemon. Was very good and central, cheap considering it's location. Not a late night as Paul had a long way to go to get back to his lodgings. Early start the next day flying to Athens to meet Matt. So great to see him. He just looks wonderful and I can't believe it's almost been a year since hanging out with my little brother. In Greece at the mo. Amazing. But more on that later.

Miss you all. Congrats Nella and Andrew, so amazing! Love you mum x


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb