Pictures, Pictures and more Pictures...all 50 of them!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
August 12th 2005
Published: August 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Florence, Italy August 10-13 Hostel: Soggiorno Madrid

Hey Everybody!!

We would like you all to know that we have finally uploaded pictures onto, we are limited to 50, we'd love to do more, but we have fulfilled all 50 pictures, so go have a look! We hear from people it is a bit tricky to figure out how to get to them, so if you get confused, you can copy and paste the following link and that will direct you right to the gallery page. The link is:


http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Justin-and-Beth/Gallery/

If you have noticed, the picture on the main page of our blog has changed, and if you are curious, it is a picture of us walking up to the Castle in Fussen, Munich.

img=http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Justin-and-Beth/Gallery/684/ (we are experimenting here to try to link pics directly onto the blog)

Anyways, so now we are in Florence, we just got back from dinner at this great little pizzeria that serves delicious pasta, pizza and a bunch of other words in Italian we don't really know what they mean. After dinner we stopped by this kebab place that sells wine, we had bought a bottle there yesterday, and the owner, his wife and their son were there yesterday as well. Today when we went there, the owner's son son was running around, trying to give us high fives, then pulling his hand back before we could reach it, it was pretty cute. It was fun, though because the owner recognized us from yesterday and was real nice to us.

The place we are staying at, we think is the best place yet. It is just great. It has shiny hardwood floors, a tv with english mtv (but of course, nothing else in English), air conditioning, a bathroom with a fan in it! so it doesn't smell, it kind of reminds us of our vacation in Cancun with Justin's family. But getting here was another story, the directions were off a bit...but that's another story.

Going back to our first day here, we went to Pisa, where of course the leaning tower of pisa is located. From the train station we walked to the tower through a shopping district and over a canal, it was a nice walk. The tower was very cool, it leans, a lot!! It was so cool to look at it after seeing it and reading about it in so many different places. And of course, we took the infamous picture that looks like you are holding the tour up with one hand.

Today we were planning on seeing the original David by Michelangelo and many other museums, however the lines and crowds of people was absolutely crazy! The line to get into the museum to see David was around 3 corners! As well as many other museums, the lines were just too long to wait in. We decided to just walk around, enjoy the architecture and Gelati. So, really, we didn't see too much today, but we had a great time walking around...and in a sense saving a bit of money. Sometimes you just can't compete with the crowds.

One funny thing we saw today that kept us entertained for a while was watching the street vendors who did not have a license to sell their goods such as purses, paintings and etc., they pack up their little cardboard shop in less than 20 seconds every time a cop is in site. Then, they wait for the cops to pass and re set everything up and go back to selling. It was hilarious.

Some quick side notes. Sometimes, both Justin and I, find ourselves in a bathroom and we literally sit there for a few minutes dumbfounded, trying to figure out how the heck to flush the dang toilet...its funny actually. They can be so confusing, sometimes you use your foot to flush it, othertimes a simple button on the wall, who knows. One other thing that has been both frustrating and kind of funny i guess at the same time. Justin and I were planning on eating at this same restaurant we had the night before. But, when we got there at 6pm on Thursday evening, it was closed! We didn't understand this because the day before it was open. What we have come to find out is that many many stores close for a midday break from 3-4 pm and re-open at 6-7pm. We think it is pretty inconvenient, but then again if you are used to it, it works out just fine.

Well, that's all we have for now. Tomorrow we leave for Rome. Take a look at the pictures and let us know what you think!

Best Regards,
Beth and Justin

Advertisement



12th August 2005

pictures
I love the pictures! Switzerland is so pretty. That would have been a great place to propose. I love all your entries so keep writing!
12th August 2005

I love the pics!!!
Hey guys! I absolutely love the pics, and am completely jealous of you guys. Unfortunately I only see 7 pics, but can't wait to see the rest. I know exactly what you mean about the toilets too, frustrating, isn't it? Same thing about the store times.....weird?!? Enjoy your trip guys, and remember.....don't run out of $ cuz I'm coming to meet you in New Zealand!!!
12th August 2005

more...more... more...
oh please send more pictures!!! love them ones you've sent, but could understand more with more picutes. think you'se look fabulous and am so excited for your adventures around the world. love hearing from you! All the best. Carmen
12th August 2005

Kopseng
The Sandman is comming soon...........
29th August 2005

Pictures
Sounds like you have learned the difference between a trip and a vacation Enjoy the Ocean -DIVE

Tot: 0.432s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1091s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb