Florence and the Leaning Tower


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trip So Far



Trip So Far
Matthew Feben
Hey everyone.

Going to keep this one nice and short as Florence is hardly a place that I could spend all day talking about. After a relatively comfortable train ride in from Pompei and a 20 minute bus ride from the station I found my way to the hostel. It was a really nice old villa that was situated on the outskirts of the city and sits in the middle of a small forest. As it was a bit of a journye to the city i spent the rest of the day at the hostel before an early night.

The next day i travelled with a couple of poms that were staying into my room out to Pisa for the day. And if going to Pisa there is only one thing to do there and im sure everyone already knows what that is.......to see the leaning tower of Pisa. To put it how an American i heard speak about 'That baby sure leans'. It really does lean a lot more that you imagine from looking at photos. So after the few mandatory photos of us all leaning against the tower. We made the 1 hour trip back to Florence.

Surprisingly the rest of the crew happenend to be in Florence at the same time so the next day I caught up with them. We first made our way to the Acadamy Gallery to take a peak at the statue of David. After 45 minutes standing in a line that had barely moved we decided that it was not worth the wait. The line at the Duomo was much the as at David so once again we passed on it. The outside of the massive building is pretty amazing though. So for the rest of the day Bonnie and I wandered through the massive markets that fill the streets of Florence. And as usual when i go shopping with Bonnie i did not come home empty handed, I invested in a bag made out of some fine Italian leather for uni.

After an early night i was up and made my way to the train station for a full day of travel to Ljubjana in Slovenia, via Venice. It was only a one night stop here before being collected by Mum and Dad as we made our way to Rab Island in Croatia for 4 nights. It will be good to catch up with them.

Overall Pisa was definately the highlight of my time in florence but not a place I will rush abck to anytime soon

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb