Hello from Italy!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 4th 2006
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Italy. Jason and I have been here since Saturday and are having a great time. We spent the first three nights in Rome, and we’ve been in Florence since yesterday. Rome was an experience - so full of everything, including tourists. There are some huge, blockbuster sights there - the Colosseum, the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel, but there were also more tourists than I’ve ever seen before in my life. We stood in line on the street for two hours to see the Sistine Chapel!

Florence has been a little more to our liking. It’s still a huge tourist destination, but the city itself is smaller and is really beautiful. Our hotel is just down the street from the Duomo, a huge cathedral with a marble mosaic exterior. It’s pretty impressive, and it towers over the city, so every now and then you’ll catch a glimpse of it down a narrow street.

The food here has been great, if a bit expensive. We’ve had some good pasta dinners, fabulous pastries and coffees in the morning, and so far, I’ve had gelato every day. Gelato seems to be pretty much everywhere in the tourist parts of the city, so I think I might be able to keep up the streak for the whole two weeks that we’re here.

Anyway, we’ll post a full report when we get back to Portugal, but we didn’t want to leave our faithful readers hanging for two whole weeks. I’m off to have some more gelato…

- Lindsay



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb