Street Art


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 31st 2018
Published: May 31st 2018
Edit Blog Post

One of the things we have enjoyed about Florence is finding all the street art by a French-born artist named Clet Abraham, commonly known only as Clet. He hacks street signs in an amusing and imaginative way. The first one I saw was the usual round red sign but in the middle was a picture of a man falling. Strange I thought. Perhaps there’s a building site where men are in danger of falling. Then in the next street appeared David stealing away with the horizontal ‘No Entry’ line, and another with Christ on the cross of the ‘No Exit’. Then of course we started looking for them and found many more. I even went out especially one morning to photograph them and was quite chuffed when I found one that Ian hadn’t found. Most of them are in the Oltrarno area (which doesn’t mean old area as I thought, but ‘over the Arno’), around via Maggio.

Today, which is the final day of Ian’s course, I went along to meet him for lunch and on the way back we came across Clet’s studio quite by chance. Lots more in there and we even met him. You could buy an original signpost for €2500. We didn’t.

Other funny ones we saw over Il Bisonte way (towards the Piazza Michelangelo) were well known art works where the main subject is wearing diving goggles. You will recognise The Girl with the Pearl Earring and Mona Lisa.

And of course the best street art is in shop windows. Men’s shirts, gloves, shoes, bags, food, everything you can imagine are all beautifully displayed tempting even the hardest hearted shopper.

Judge for yourself.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Clet 6Clet 6
Clet 6

A bit overdone I know but they are quite clever and humorous


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb