We're Here!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Cortona
September 6th 2009
Published: September 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our first night at the villa---sitting outside by the pool, glass of wine in hand (of course) sampling fresh pecorino cheese and italian bread, with a gentle breeze and the full moon rising. This is heaven! The villa is as beautiful as we hoped. Not the Ritz but lots of room, a functioning kitchen and hot water. We think we could get used to this!

Shopping at a store (the Ibercoop) larger than a Walmart was an experience. The prepackaged rooster with head attached, fresh porcini mushrooms, and 10 eggs in a carton instead of a dozen, were all unique finds.

The great part of today was having no plan but ending up eating lunch on a balcony restaurant overlooking the Piazza della Republicca in Cortona, home of Under the Tuscan Sun fame. And yes, a bottle of wine was involved.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Advertisement



7th September 2009

Woo-hoo! Good for you! I'm delighted that you're having a good time! The rooster with head attached ... not so good. Maybe you'll find a nice butcher somewhere who will help you with those little things. ;) Still hot, but not as bad, and smoky, but not as bad. Certainly not as good as where you are, though. Thanks for sharing your dream with us. :)

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb