Italy with Kids - to Figline Valdarno


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Arezzo
September 20th 2008
Published: September 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

20 Sept 2008

Today we drove to Figline Valdarno, a little town south of Florence, for our next stay. The trip was uneventful, taking just over 2.5 hours, and we arrived just after noon.

The Norcenni Girasole Club is extensive. Our Bungalow is right near 3 restaurants, 3 bars, 3 large swimming pools with slides, the games room, gym, two large shops and a gelateria.





So we've been having a bit of fun! The oustide pools are freezing - as FLorence had the rains the same time we did over by Ferrara. That didn't stop Joseph from going on the mid-sized slide, and I also had a go - albeit very briefly. It was still a warm day with plenty of sunshine so after a dip in the covered heated pool I had a sunbathe with Kylie.

We spent the afternoon relaxing and wandering around. The bazaar had loads of good stuff in it including a book on Michelangelo with a picture of the painting from the Sistine Chapel that I have been searching for. It's called The Last Judgement.

Dinner was at the local restaurent, where Kylie and I shared a mixed grill, with chicken, something we couldn't identify, boar sausage, and steaks, while the boys had nuggets and chips.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 20; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb