The Eagles Palace Palermo


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily » Palermo
September 15th 2019
Published: September 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

An early start to catch the Marina Markets (antiques) still nice & cool outside so we browsed for an hour then did some wandering of the streets. It was sorting & packing day so we headed home & we were so pooped we watched an english channel on tv ...the X Files!!!! we never watched it at home...but we just needed to recoup ready for our early 6am start tommorrow.
Well tired of that tv we headed out again. Lots of buskers in the Piazza's & very good too. We found our way around the shops & people & nearly home again & we were drawn into the Municipal building that was once known as the Eagle's Palace. A self pronounced guide of these Council chambers pounced on us & took a small group of us through. 1470. Still used today as Council or as they say Commune with a heavy renovation of the 1800's. Gifts to the General from Boneparte & Garibaldi. Ming vases...please do not touch!!!! We were asked to sit in the Mayors chair in the chambers. Very interesting & well guarded. We loved the interaction with the guide & he loved it too. A few photos from the window of the Palace of the Fountain.
A stroll back home via the magnificant Catterdrale.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb