Costa Smeralda


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sardinia » Olbia
September 21st 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0




After a comfortable night on the car ferry, we arrived at Porto Torres in Sardinia. We drove for two hours to reach the North-West town of Olbia. Just north of the town was Camping Cugnana, where we were staying in an on site cabin. The kids were impressed with the pool and headed straight there for a swim. At 5pm we drove 20minutes along the coast to Porto Cervo, where Polly and Mike were based for the Rolex Maxi Cup sailing regatta with the owner. We checked out the very impressive boat and were taken to the crews beach party. Everything was laid on and Indi, Polly and I even got to dance to the band. Over the next two days Matt went on board for one of the race days and then we all headed out on the Wally tender. Our captain, Stu zoomed around all the boats as they took off at the start and showed us some of the magical Sardinian coastline. Day four we got to move onboard, as the owner had left. We motored dow the coast to Porto Rotundo and anchored offshore. We had a fanatastic two days wakeboarding, swimming, eating Polly's fantastic food and relaxing.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb