We took a wrong turn which became the right turn


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont
May 20th 2009
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After we had a hearty breakfast and planned out our day, we were checking out and Kirsten picked up a different map of the area. Well, those well made plans went out the window as we headed down the road. The map was of the Strada Romantica, this has 11 stopping points through the Piedmont area too numerous to mention. However there was one that deserves to be mention, stop 5, “On the road between the Alps and Hills”. We took the wrong turn and after 5K we came to a dead end. There was a beautiful chapel and small restaurant. After viewing the chapel, we were drawn to the restaurant by voices of laughter and singing. We entered the restaurant and saw 6 older men we all sitting around a table singing and laughing. We were struck by the likeness of the lead singer. He could have been Kara’s Dad twin brother. Of course, he could sing. Everyone including our self was so entertained we decided to stay and have coffee and cake. We continued to wind through the Piedmont hills and came upon the B&B we are staying at tonight. We didn’t cover many miles but we truly discovered Piedmont. As I sit here typing and watching the sun set over the hills I wish everyone was here to enjoy this moment.
Dinner?



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb