How do you say that in italian?


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » Turin
July 3rd 2003
Published: July 3rd 2003
Edit Blog Post

Quick blog:
for those of you who don't know i am obsessed with choclate breakfast foods. Leaving Lyon i got a fresh, straight from the oven Pan Chocolat (chocolate croissant)... AMAZING

that was after an fantastic splurgy meal the night before at Le Nord... had the best choclate ganache bomb ever. more about that someother time.

Turin has 2 train stations. We only know that because we arrived at the wrong one and had to walk all the way to the other one. No one here speaks English, or French. (Tania speaks french and we are not far from france). We got to the hostel anyway, which is also on a steep hill, just to find that it was closed. Poor Tania learned how cranky a hungry, hot, frustrated and tired Caren is. Once we got the whole mess straightned out we headed down to Turin. Its not a bad place, much better today, but a bit hot in the sun.

We went to the 3rd largest collection of egyptian artifacts in the world... we still dont know how they ended up in Turin. It was awesome, huge carvings... well everything was huge. The mummies creeped me out a little, i am not into corpses.

We had some simple but really good sandwiches for dinner, and spent the evening planning. We learned that italian pay phones are cranky and dont work very well, as we could not get even 800 numbers to work to use our phone cards.
The only town we could find a hostel in was Genoa, so off to genoa we will go, although we are lacking a place to stay saturday night, i am sure it will work out. We will now make plans very far in advance, no worries mom. A really nice British couple told us where to and where not to stay in Florence and Rome and Pompeii. That really helped. We are breakfast with them this morning. Make your own hot chocolate... hot milk, cocoa powder and sugar... mmmm good start.

Today we headed out on a bus tour after a bit of wandering. The bus tour increased our appreciation for Turin. It will be interesting to see how the city changes int he next 3 years, as they are hosting the 2006 olympics. Hope more people will speak English, Spanish, or French then. Turin is cool. We went to the Musuem of the Cinema. It combined the technical history (which over laps with photo, so that was awesome) with the popular history. No descrption will do this place justice.

After some amazing Gelato (ice cream, whats that? this is how it should be) and communication with you all, we will head to a 15th century castle.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb