Pilgrimage for Ferd


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » Turin
July 5th 2023
Published: July 7th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Being that we were in the birthplace of Ferdi, we thought it only right that we make a pilgrimage to visit his shrine - Mauto, the museum of automobiles. But first, we dropped in on Federica, who was convalescing at home. It was great to see her and catch up.

Since we enjoyed the circumnavigation of Porto airport yesterday, we thought we’d try a repeat around the museum. It was particularly enhanced by my desperation for the bathroom so by the time we actually arrived at the museum, I didn’t really care what it housed. But it was a pleasant surprise to wander through the old cars and appreciate what a formative influence car manufacture had on Turin’s history.

But there’s only so much ugh history one teenager can endure so we headed to the osteria del Fiat for some lunch. We then attempted a walk through the park into the city without really appreciating how far and hot it was. The river was picturesque and peaceful but there’s only so much strolling one can take in the heat, even if it’s punctuated by a visit to a medieval ugh castle. Lucky there was gelato at the end to make up for the pain.

Back to the agriturismo for a rest and a cool down before a quick trip to town for pizza. Geoff watched in fascination as the pizzaiolo worked and the girls relished his spoils. And we enjoyed some wine in the garden of our accommodation before heading off to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb