La Morra


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont » La Morra
September 11th 2012
Published: September 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I slept so well, the bed was as hard as granite and the thread count of the sheets must have been over 1000. Kirsten, hmmm let’s not go there. She was happy that the bathroom had a tub.

I’m up and out of the room heading to breakfast. It’s not the best but pretty good. Kirsten and Bea come down 20 min later. This time the dinning room is full of European Hells Angels. Yea, lots of bikers all dressed up in their Harley Davisson gear. It’s hard to take a badass biker serious when he speaks German or French.

After breakfast we load up and are heading to the Barolo wine region, to get out of the Po Valley ASAP we get on the Autobahn and drive like there is no tomorrow. Let me just say with our car in 5th gear and the gas pedal pushed to the floor were happy to be doing 120 KMH, that’s around 75-80 mph. LOL

The autobahn ends right in the middle of the Barolo region, we stop in Alba and walk around. It’s to early for lunch so we continues to Barolo, there we found a cute restaurant and had lunch and our first glass of Barolo wine. It was so good.

After lunch we visited the WI MU (Wine Museum). Bea and I like museums, However Kirsten moves through them like greased lighting. I took my time and it was quite an education on the history of wine. Google it, wine has been around for a long time

It’s now time to start looking for a room. So we start driving around all the little villages there are Agriturismo everywhere Kirsten is so happy she is giddy. We go into La Morra and stop the information office where we enjoyed 2005 Barolo release the last time we were here in 2009.

We talked with the lady and asked for a couple of recommendations for an Agriturismo and she provided us with 3 or 4. We drove around and when we found Il Grappollo, it was meant to be. The inn keep was Francis’s twin brother, he was accommodating and the room was everything Kirsten and Bea wanted. I gladly accepted the room and told Kirsten & Bea it’ll do in a pinch. When they walked into the rooms, Yea, Bea had her own room. They were smiling from ear to ear. They kept saying how cute it was. Cute, cute, cute. We committed to two nights but I see many more visits in the future for many more days.

We go into town and enjoy dinner at the Piazza overlooking the valley, vineyards as far as you can see, we have nothing but antipasti and a bottle of Barolo, and It was great.

We return to the room and pass out from doing so much. Tomorrow will be even busier.

Yea, the bed is hard, however it’s not raining.

Good night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb