A summer in Renaissance


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Marche » Urbino
July 2nd 2005
Published: July 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

It wasn't long until I found myself studying Italian in one of the world's biggest secrets of a town. The name is Urbino, and if you look for it on a map you may have to enlarge it four times. But it's a piece of heaven on earth with the kindest of people and the most beautiful of landscape. With rolling hills and Renaissance architecture, the town's history dates back centuries ago with the castle Pallazo Ducale resting in the center. Walking up the stone-cobbled streets feels like walking through a movie set. In fact, it's a sure way to make friends and family believe you were really spending the summer photoshoping yourself in pictures. But even the most vivid of imaginations could not come up with this scene. The piazza filled with laughing voices, cups filled with gelato and glasses with wine, makes any stress wash away in the fountain. It's a time where the biggest decision is which flavor gelato should I get. Where you can't remember why you ever cried. Or why you ever cared. It's a town along the Adriatic sea that allows a 40 minute bus ride to take you away to shore. And when the sun makes you tired, you know you have one of the warmest and most welcoming of homes to return to.

And just because it's little doesn't mean there isn't anything to do. During the day, before and after siesta, many shops and boutiques are opened with beautiful items of all price range. There is an art shop, and book store, and many, many clothing stores. A place to always grab a panini or a slice of margherita pizza. A cafe to sit outside and drink a cappuccino while reading your favorite book or writing in your journal. And at night there are several bars to choose from. It's even an hour away from one of the biggest party capitals in Europe -- Rimini. Anytime you feel like escaping the tranquility, just head on over and visit one of the 60 clubs and bars in the city. But don't forget to wake up for breakfast at Cafe Del Amici where the bar owners Davide and Luca will know your name by the third time you come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb