Happy Easter!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
April 16th 2006
Published: May 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tasha’s new beau woke her up with kisses while Monica and I rolled over. We had to check out, so we had to get moving. We got all of our stuff together and went down to breakfast. The first morning we had bread and tea, the second morning bread with jam, and this morning we got bread with butter and jam and tea! Mike, the tattoo guy from last night, came and ate with us. Guys look so cute in pajama pants! We wished him luck and then began our journey back to the airport.

We flew to Milan and had another journey to our hostel. Good thing we didn’t come in really late or we would have had some trouble. We got off the plane and had to go to th train station. I swear this guy was waiting for us to ask him for directions. He had all his bags and was pretending to busy himself with something, but he understood English and knew we were lost. It doesn’t matter because we did ask him for directions and he happened to be taking the same bus. He showed us to the bus and we got on.

About 45 minutes later we got to the train station. We asked him for more directions, but he wasn’t too helpful. We were supposed to take some other weird type of transportation, but we didn’t know what it was or how to find it. We found other Italians who spoke English and they gave us two bus numbers to take instead. We looked for a place to buy tickets for thirty minutes and then gave up. We rode around illegally, but by the grace of God made it to the hotel with no problems. Okay, that’s a lie. The bus was mad crowded! Monica and I got seats after a few stops, but Tasha had to stand the whole time. She got squeezed in by this creepy guy. He was like rubbing against her and wouldn’t give her any extra space. Then, when we switched buses, he acted like he knew her and said goodbye! Gross.

Happy Easter everyone! Italy is not the best place to go during Easter. EVERYTHING is closed! We got to the hostel and the girl working there told us there was nothing to see today or tomorrow because it was closed. Our only option was to go to the center and see what we could find.

We took thins street car looking thing, with no tickets again, and made our way to the center. We saw the cathedral and the shops. We had three restaurants to choose from. Ciao, Burger Kind, and a street stand. Unfortunately we had Burger King as our Easter lunch. Sad, I know.

We walked around in search of something else to see. We found a palace like thing, but it was closing right as we got there. We missed the one thing that was open. We took pictures anyway and continued walking. We ran into this park full of people. It was beautiful. Everyone was outside having a good time. The first thing that caught our eye/ear was random people sitting on steps playing beats. I don’t even think they realized other people were watching them. They were out of control! Then we checked out the boys playing soccer, and then the ones playing basketball. We found none cuties. Shame, shame.
We weren’t cool enough to join in anyone’s group, so we made our own. Tasha and I were doing gymnastics and acting a fool. We thought we were cool or something and we shared our favorite experiences from the trip. We had a talking stick and everything! Goodness!

It was starting to get dark and we were starting to get hungry. We found a pizza place on the way home and went in. Tasha and I got chicken wings and Monica got pizza. We went back to the hostel and chilled. Monica had a life changing experience; she put in her first tampon! She was ecstatic. But Tasha had a bad moment. She was looking through her bag and couldn’t find her camera! Apparently when we were on one of the buses from the train station it got stole. It was really crowded and she had opened her bag for something, and I guess someone took it. Monica lectured her and reorganized her purse while I cuddled with her, comforted her, and stoked her hair til she fell asleep.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb