Milan's Monumental Cemetery


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
November 8th 2007
Published: November 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Monumental Cemetery isn't quite the tourist attraction that "The Last Supper" is so it was no problem getting to it. And I hope to be back and see more of the grounds. One morning was not enough time. It really is an open air sculpture museum. It is so moving, that at times I felt like I was intruding on people's intimate moments of sorrow. What the families who commissioned the art must have conveyed to the artist! These sculptures are beautiful. (I finally figured out how to fix all of my vertical video, so this little clip is now easy to watch)
This was our last day in Milan. The next morning we left for Bellusco and Keith's business portion of the trip. The last photo is Keith's reaction to a risqué store window! These windows were right across from the cathedral. Maybe the priests and nuns are used to bizarre occurrences!



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Keith with ox cartKeith with ox cart
Keith with ox cart

If we return, we're taking a guide with us just to explain this monument.
Keith by the water spigotKeith by the water spigot
Keith by the water spigot

visitors were using this to water flowers
Happy boyHappy boy
Happy boy

Unusual because he's smiling, notice he looks like he's been camping


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb