gotta get more milan


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Milan
May 16th 2007
Published: May 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

il duomoil duomoil duomo

on the roof
i walked to the piazza del duomo today and spent a lot of time in and around the duomo. it was spectacular. my photos are probably not an accurate assessment of its beauty. it is a great gothic structure and the only one i've seen; it made a big impression on me, exposing me to how art can be everlasting and forever changing. 'course i could have done without all the scaffolding.
i also saw at the palazzo reale a kandinsky exhibit. its the first time i've seen is work up close. his style is like none other, well planned and executed which makes his work seem spontaneous and exciting. the colors were vibrant and used with real intensity. i enjoyed it thoroughly.
the day was good. i spoke italian to most and was even stopped on the street for directions and then again for a survey. i walk with my head up and try to think that people won't notice that i'm thinking in english. i also have been walking around the city so much so that i believe my legs will fall off.
tomorrow's agenda: buy shoes. the scala theater is presenting sleeping beauty, the ballet, which is
il duomoil duomoil duomo

the rooftop
my favorite (!!!!!!) and we're going to sit in the box that David and Barbara have...but i can't go in with sandals.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb