Arrivederci Como


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Como
September 4th 2015
Published: September 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our last full day here; it's an early start tomorrow as we go on our 3 train journeys to get to Prato. We took the funicular nice and early (9ish am - not crowded) to get to the town of Brunate. After a morning coffee and croissant, we walked up to the lookout via wooded and off the beaten track paths. The view was well worth it as it was a gloriously sunny mornng and we also climbed the lookout (another 143steps). After a quick dash back to the hotel we decided to take the fast boat to Menaggio. As it is now Septenber 4 (the tourist hoards have magically thinned) and because the town is really not as popular as Bellaggio across the water, it was very peaceful and pleasant. We followed up a tip in the Rough Guide to the Italian Lakes and had lunch at Pizzeria Lugano. My pizza was very good, Mark's lake fish nice and we loved our desserts and coffee too. A walk around the old ramparts of the former castle and along the lakefront completed the afternoon and we bought very tasty salami (donkey, boar and pig) from a market. Tonight we will go back for another porcini risotto from Hosterietta where we ate last night. It's nearby and the risotto was delicious. We are familiar with Como and it's lovely villages and will be a little sad to leave. Each stage of our trip so far has been filled with great vistas, fantastic walking and good food. We have also had passing encounters with lovely people at bus stops, restaurants tables or while waiting to catch ferries. Now, the last week looms... I am getting that sinking "I don't want this to end" kind of feeling!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



28th June 2017

Travels with Rosemary & Mark
Hi you two travellers. I've been interested in your travels, and sometimes we've also been to some of the places you describe. Particularly Atrani, south of Amalfi on the Italian coast: Mary and I were married in Atrani in 2008 having been together for the previous 13 years. We'll be interested to hear your travellers' tales upon your return. When is that by the way? Bon voyage, John & Mary
28th June 2017

Hi John,
We will return in about three weeks time. Mark says hello as do I to you and Mary. Ciao! Rosemary

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb