Day and night skiing


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Aprica
February 21st 2018
Published: February 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

A shorter blog today as we have just got back from a meal up in the mountains and skiing back to the hotel at night with head torches to guide us. The run we took down is a wide blue, which had been prepared by the piste bashers so it was in near perfect condition. The ski was cloudless and we had a quarter moon and the stars were all out as we headed down from close to the top of the mountain. Initially the town was just spots of light in the valley which gained definition as we got closer.

Earlier in the day we had headed up into the ski area in perfect early morning conditions. We headed over to the run which gets the sunshine from early on and then, as the resort came out of shadow we worked our way further round until we had covered most of the runs in the resort. We skied for a couple of hours before a drinks break then on again until a late lunch at our favourite pizzeria. Then it was another couple of hours skiing before we had to get up to one of the restaurants at the top of the hill before the ski lifts all closed at 4.30. We made it back up from the final run with about half an hour to spare and we joined the rest of the group there for our evening on the hill.

We have covered over thirty miles today and apart from a few high clouds at lunch time we had blue skies, so it was a great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb