To Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Rapallo
February 4th 2011
Published: February 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

But first, need to check out Monaco/Monte Carlo, being that close. We think breakfast there, as at 12 euros a head at the hotel is a bit rich. We do a bit of touring, stopping, take photos of the harbour and rich houses, jump between the high road and the low road and get to Monaco. Park, take pics of casino, not open until 2, only place near open was expensive so we are quickly back on the road, having an orange for brunch! Get to Rapallo about 4, find the hotel reasonably easily and park nearby. Wander in the hotel and the guy at the desk says bring car here out the front to unload and I'll show you where to park. What he means is we can park on the footpath right out the front of the hotel, the police don't mind as long as its facing the right way! With no breakfast or lunch we are quite hungry and head to a local bar/resturant for a seat observing the beautiful people walking the prominade with their immaculate outfits (apart from a few in those disgusting "puffer" jackets), perfect hair, kids, dogs etc. Beer and prosecco - what else, & a plate of nibbles (olivers, chips, bread, focaccia, pizza, mini doughnuts) which were quickly consumed. I order another round and another platter arrives, which we don't do justice to this time! When I pay it is (i.e. both are) included in the 20 euro price, already loving Italy. Dinner awaits but spot of shopping first, bottle of Chianti Classico and Cognac (for just in case we get lost somewhere) & back to hotel for a rest. We decide on dinner at the hotel's restaurant - Il Gambera, same name as one of our favourite little places in Lygon St. We decide on the set menu, 31 euros each for a Ligurian taste experience - procecco, foccacia, gnocci stuffed with a pesto, a jug of wine, anchovies or veal (we share) and finish with a lemon sorbet and an espresso. Great food, great value, did I mention I love Italy.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb