Photos From Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Imperia
September 9th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Triora, ItalyTriora, ItalyTriora, Italy

This is the beautiful village where we spent 8 days with Jennie, Martin, Elliot & Luke. Luke is presently living there.
Finally we are staying put in McKinney for a couple of weeks. Our trip to Indiana for most of August was wonderful. We enjoyed spending time with Regina (Terry's mom), Dolan and Mary Louise (Susan's parents). We especially loved being there for Dolan's 90th birthday. Dolan taught his dog, Tinker, to bark out "I Love You" and so his children - 6 of them - barked out I Love You to Dolan on his 90th. He threw us triskets for treats!

Jennie, Martin & Elliot, along with Amanda & Hans Henry, spent a week at Lake James with us. We also loved spending time with Susan's cousins, Tutti (from Albuquerque) and Billy, at Lake James. We miss walking the hills with Tutti! Zesto and Ritters (frozen custard) called to us every day and we are having withdrawal.

Our heartfelt thanks to King of Glory Lutheran Church for our incredible trip to Spain and Italy! We've visited many different churches this summer and we really do miss KOG! Enjoy the photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Village ChurchVillage Church
Village Church

Celebration of St. Augustine. The statute of Mary and St. Augustine is carried through the village. We happened to attend on this Sunday.
Carrying the StatuesCarrying the Statues
Carrying the Statues

Luke helped carry the statues through the village.
St. Augustine ProcessionSt. Augustine Procession
St. Augustine Procession

We all followed the priest, statues, band and then came back to the church for a feast!
Cooking in Jennie's Italian KitchenCooking in Jennie's Italian Kitchen
Cooking in Jennie's Italian Kitchen

We had a fabulous time preparing meals in Triora. The fresh produce is delightful to prepare and eat!
Martin & ElliotMartin & Elliot
Martin & Elliot

One of our great days at the beach!
Making PastaMaking Pasta
Making Pasta

Jennie is making pasta on an antique pasta table with an opening in back for the rolling pin.
Susan & LukeSusan & Luke
Susan & Luke

Luke took us to this church in Busana Vecchio.
Church in BusanaChurch in Busana
Church in Busana

Terry pointing to a sculpture on the church.
Favorite BeachFavorite Beach
Favorite Beach

This is our favorite beach in Arma di Taggia, about 20 minutes from Triora.
"Add-On" Bathroom"Add-On" Bathroom
"Add-On" Bathroom

This is a house up a mountain where Luke bikes. We counted 13 switchbacks on the way up!
Elliot's Fourth BirthdayElliot's Fourth Birthday
Elliot's Fourth Birthday

Nonna and Papa enjoying the festivities!
Elio, Ornella & LukeElio, Ornella & Luke
Elio, Ornella & Luke

Luke bikes with Elio & Ornella's son, Marco. We spent a lovely afternoon with them.
Klaus & KittyKlaus & Kitty
Klaus & Kitty

Friends, Klaus & Kitty, from Ireland, enjoying Elliot's birthday.
Thanks to the NonnasThanks to the Nonnas
Thanks to the Nonnas

Jennie is thanking (in Italian) all the Nonnas (grandmothers) who came to Elliot's birthday in the piazza.
Tampoline at the BeachTampoline at the Beach
Tampoline at the Beach

Elliot loved jumping at the beach!
Enjoying DinnerEnjoying Dinner
Enjoying Dinner

Our last dinner in Triora!


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb