Genoa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Genoa
October 7th 2009
Published: October 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Genoa 25th-27th September.


Arrived in to Genoa in the afternoon, after driving through the picturesque coastal hills of north-western Italy. We checked in on board Saudade, for a three night stay. The boys were up early to watch the AFL grandfinal live. After that our tour guides (Polly and Mike) took us to Rapallo, where we got a ferry to the beautiful village of Portofino. A drink in the piazza and then a stroll along the road took us to a small bay for a dip. We then had lunch at a beach bar, before heading back to the ferry. The next day, the girls had planned a trip to the Cinque Terre, while the boys were staying on board to clean out the car. Polly, Indi and I headed to Sestri Levante, where we caught a train to Riomaggiore. This is the most southern village of the five within the Cinque Terre. The villages are connected by walk trails of varying degrees of difficulty. The scenery is magical and the villages fantastic, apart from too many tourists. We finished off the day with a BBQ back at the boat. As a treat on the last morning, Mike hoisted each of us up the mast. It is 60 metres tall and gave a great view from the top.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb