Cinque Terre


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
May 12th 2009
Published: May 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We finished our hike! It is 7 miles long between the 5 (cinque pronunced CHINK-weh) towns. The first two were about an hour to an hour and a half. The third was 45 minutes and the fourth was 20 minutes. We stopped off in each town as well. Favorite town was Vernazza and favorite part of the hike was our start from Monterosso to Vernazza. Joe had a hard time fitting on the trail in some parts. He has actually had trouble fitting most places here! The 2nd hike we did was a little annoying because there were tons of school kids taking the hike in the opposite direction. They were not very polite in letting us go so we had to wait for class by class to pass us. If we kept walking, they would almost crowd us off the trail and into the ocean because the trail in some parts is only wide enough for single file with no guard rail. It made the hike interesting!

We forgot to write about our dinner last night. We ordered antipasto lampara which is a mixed seafood appetizer. We will post some pictures but forgot to take the initial pic before we started eating. Everything was really good but a few plates were scary. We ate some kind of sea snail and also a whole fish. They were tiny little fish with head, tail and all! You will see my plate and the amount I couldnt finish although I tried. Joe had no problem (big surprise!). This is also the birth place of pesto which has been wonderful!

Its more peaceful and relaxing here but there are a lot of american college kids. They seem to represent us well in this area compared to Florence.

Our train leaves for Naples at 7 in the morning so send us some good thoughts so we make it! We will connect via boat or train and go straight to Sorrento. We should be to Sorrento by 5 so we can find a place to meet Chris and Becca for dinner. It will be nice to see familiar faces. We are going to head to some of the bars right now to sample more vino.

Wish you could all be here too! Send us some messages as we would love to hear from you.

Megan and Joe


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



12th May 2009

I look forward to reading your blog every day! Enjoy the rest of your vacation and be safe!

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb