That's Amore!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre
July 28th 2005
Published: August 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today ended after 7 hours of train travel but the trip was breathtaking. It took us along the Mediterranean coast through Nice, Cannes, Monte Carlo, Genoa, San Remo, Santa Margharita Rigure to our final desination, Vernazza , in the Cinque Terre. We had to change trains in Monterossa, literally 3 minutes from Vernazza. John personified the Incredible Hulk by jogging with both our 40lbs suitcases through the train car when we discovered at the last minute that the door of our coach wouldn't open! Actually, John did a great job with carrying the bags up and down ALL the stairs in each station - we had to change trains 3 times!!

So, first impression of Italy? We both LOVE it. It is everything (so far) that I've dreamt of. The language around us is like a symphony to my ears. Vernazza is magic and the pesto (well, all the food during our first meal at the seaside Gianni Franca Trattoria) was next to none. I'm in heaven and I think John is close behind! We are both in LOVE with Italy (did I mention that already?). The people are warm and the abmiance is beautiful. It's amore. And yes, I even wept as I ate my daily catch of incredible mussels and the accordian players serenaded us. It was too much of a perfect picture.

It's magic here and Italy has NOT disappointed. Everyone should give themselves the gift of coming here. Bypass France and enjoy the Italian hospitality. Ironically tho, during the train "door episode", it was a french man who held it for us while John jogged through with the bags. Whatever, Italy has something France never will. Je ne sais quoi! And I've already been called Bella! That's Amore.

Miss you all!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb