Poncho villas


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Liguria » Cinque Terre » Corniglia
May 2nd 2018
Published: May 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

An American breakfast was desired...and great. Mike was dying for some buttered toast ...so pane con burro e marmallato was on order. All delicioso. On to a poncho covered day in Riomaggiore and Manarola...some brief respites from rainy drizzle...and hot water. Our Villa water heater went kaput ( or however you say that in Italian). It's back but I still haven't showered.

We learned to be local on the trains... No one pays.

Gelato, a cone of fried baccala (cod), shrimp, crab, calamari, and veggies as snacks. Mike tried his first Italian hot dog for lunch and loved it - quite a bit different than the American kind.

Because of the bad weather the boats were pulled out of the sea in both towns that we visited. It's such an effort that the entire townspeople - anyone who owns a boat -helps to get all boats on to land. Communal cooperation.

Altough it was a rainy day, the Sea was a beautiful colour and I so wish we could have jumped into it to swim.

Warmed up with wine from our landlord...quite good and high in alcohol.

Finished today with a lovely dinner.
Some of the best pesto I've ever had. And Mike's spaghetti bolognese was also fantastic.

On and back to Roma tomorrow afternoon...before traveling South to town of my grandparents in Calabria.

Ciao for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb