Day 33 - Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
June 2nd 2012
Published: June 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Tomorrow: Depart Rome on Alitalia flight AZ202

Our last day in Rome deserved a trip to the Via Veneto, Romes most prestigious shopping area full of top brand shops, Gucci and Prada etc. Zac decided he needed some cash so selecting a suitable machine it proceeded to eat his card and dispense no cash, oh well its the last day. Walking from the Via Veneto we came across the Piazza Del Popolo which had some nice statues and a central fountain along with a nice cafe for the inevitable espresso.

Leaving the piazza we walked up to the Borghese Gardens and loved the laid back area, lovely paths, gardens and families out to enjoy the beautiful day. We walked through the gardens and parks and just enjoyed the afternoon. We watched some young people do some great stunts on roller blades and then an older guy, around 60, turned up and showed them all up with his stunts. Zac and I hired a segway and tore around the gardens and paths for a half hour before heading back down the hill to the piazza for a very late lunch.

A very relaxed day and a nice way to spend our last day before the long trip home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 75; dbt: 0.076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb