getting sick of cheeeeeeeeeese


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 15th 2006
Published: August 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ok guys, photos now, blog later.
enjoy venezia!

ciao

so we finally got around to updating this entry..

mm..venice..so many words to describe it..it's the most mystical, enchanting city we've ever been to..

first morning we woke to the sound of churchbells.. must say its a lot better than the screech of ush's phone alarm. looked out the window to see perfect blue skies overlooking dear little santa margherita piazza. it was a remarkable change from the likes of cold and sterile zurich.

venice is an elaborate labyrinth of canals and narrow winding pathways that one can get completely lost in, within a span of a few minutes - a map is a definate must, and even then, we relied quite heavily on locals (and of course ush's brilliant orienteering skills).
The highlights included the San Maria Bascillica..and Priya's expensive puchase of her fake Chanel bag..we also managed to get a few Venetian glass pendants in the most exquisite colors.

Towards sunset we managed to steal off on a Gondola..and our Gondolier entertained us with stories of Venice history.. very romantic (seeing as how we needed to patch up things after our previous blog, lol)

we've also had our fair share of weird & wacky experiences in venezia. one afternoon, while we were indulging in the biggest slice of pizza ever seen, this old man was walking by and staring intently at us. he stopped right in front of us, and continued to stare. after a full 5 minutes, he started taking something out of his pocket. we thhough he might have been trying to take a picture of us for some reason (perhaps he's never seen 2 girls stuffing their faces with pizza twice the size of their heads, we're not too sure). but in the end, he pulls out his packet of tissues, and proudly points out the imprinited characters from "the incredibles", proceeds to hand one to each of us with a not so subtle "wipe your mouth" gesture and then continues merrily on his way. how bizzare


Another time while Priya and myself were stolling around looking at the little souvenier shops, we caught sight of a guy who was looking at us rather strangely.. As we kept strolling around the maze of streets..we noticed he was following close behind. As we dodged and ducked into shops we could still catch glimpses of him..but as Priya and myself are so swift and agile (haha) we finally managed to lose him among the crowd..creepy..

the definate lowlight of our venetian experiences involved a man, 3 matchboxes, and a stupid little scrunched up paper ball. basically, we got roped into an elaborate gambling scheme. the aim of the game was to bet 50 euro (equivalent of 100 AUD) and guess under which matchbox the paper ball was. it looked deadly easy when we saw everyone else having a go.. in hindsight, all TOO easy perhaps. anyway, it was too tempting to not have a go. what we didnt bank on, was priya guessing incorrectly and losing the fastest 50. what we definately didnt see coming was usha then putting in another 50 to try and redeem our losses. that didnt work out too well either. so, 100 euros later saw ush and priya totally devastated, and sitting and sulking in a corner for the next half an hour.

and apart from some unforseen difficulties getting from venice to rome, its been relatively good. oh, just to mention, we HATE our backpacks!

ok ppl, all for now.
have a good one!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



17th August 2006

you know you miss us
Hi Priya! Sounds like u girls r having a great time, thanks for keeping us up to date and making us jealous. u r seriously not missing anything in Funky Town that's for sure. really no news from down here - not even any new boys stories from the Hoff! Please take some photos of nice italian guys for me. love alison.
18th August 2006

Ush&Priya's little Adventures
Hey guys!!! Hows it going..?!?! the weather looks fab over there...getting a nice tan aswell..very good girls! the weather here (sydney) is pretty good..cool/warm weather! Are you guys the only curries floating around?! maybe thats why ur turning so many heads...or maybe u guys just smell..deodorant ..try it =)! So so..do tell ..how are the men..are they as absolutely gorgeous as we all imagine them to be...?? hows the night life?? Fill us in on that frontier...!!! Anyways girls..i better jet..back to work! Have fun - Eat heaps and enjoy every minute! p.s. Ush..this w/e is Indoor Masala....i have a great feeling we're gonna come...LAST =) haha!

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb