Day 23 - All alone... well, the two of us...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
November 1st 2013
Published: November 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Arrrgh, the kids left us alone! How could they! Roy and I love them so much for what they did (Dad was really choked up!). We had a final vino and pizza with them and waved them off on their train to Rome Airport😞. Headed back to our hotel (phew, managed that) then off to the metro (phew, managed to get that in the right direction). Had to pass a homeless man who clearly needed a toilet in the worst possible way, right on our path in a piazza! EUR3 for both for 100 minutes of travel so that was good value... well, it could have been! We headed out to view my beloved Fontana di Trevi, this time by night. Didn't expect that over 5,000 people also wanted to view it at the same time I did!! Wall to wall people. Thousands and thousands of people are on the streets at night, in every direction. We headed back to have a much needed early night, thinking we would grab a slice of pizza on the way (consumed enough food on the cruise to last a life-time) but unfortunately Roy need to use a loo desperately so we went into the closest ristorante where we had half a litre of bad house red wine and average pizza but shared the most delicious pepper and cream flat fat noodle pasta. Yum. So, as you can image, we were full again AND we were outside the 100 minutes on the metro so needed to purchase a new ticket. A hot shower and into bed and didn't need any rocking to get us into dream land. We found, on the cruise, that eating so late at night, we all had weird dreams so at least this night was almost back to normal, except YAY... WE'RE IN ITALY!! Pinch me.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb