Roaming in Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 20th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The next part of this story,....

Rome is just such a history buff paradise. Pompei was wonderful, a compact history lesson on life as at 79 AD, but by being in Rome and checking out all the other sites, it is like the pieces of the jigsaw fall together. The funny thing about Pompei was that the town was severely shaken by an earthquake in AD 62, and there was a massive loss of life, and then as they are getting back on their feet, 15 years later, mt Vesuvius, but it was not called that then, erupts and floods the town with lava and ash. Out of that explosion, the cone of Mt Vesuvius was formed.

The tour i am on, is up to day 2, with a bunch of lovely peole and easy going personalities. And so we have done Rome by night and enjoyed a 4 course italian banquet....if that is a typical dinner i can ' t figure out how come they are all so skinny and chic!! there must a a massive gym attendance programme going on somewhere.

Today it is up and about again, and we have done the Sistine Chapel, awesome, Vatican, with its in house industires to manufacture goods for sale . Nearby is the Colusseum and Forum.
ciao for now,


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb