Paris to Roma


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 17th 2009
Published: May 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Leaving ParisLeaving ParisLeaving Paris

On to our next adventure!
This is a pretty short entry to transition our time from wonderful Paris to Italy. Bobby and I caught a flight from Charles de Gaulle to Fiumicino on Vueling Airlines, a Spain based regional no frills airline. It's like Southwest in the States. We got our tickets on a promotion that ended up costing us only $60 per person (including taxes). This was also better than a couple of other low-cost airline options because we could check in up to 45 lbs for each bag, compared with others' rules of 30-35 lbs (any kg over cost big Euros). The downfall was that it took nearly an hour for us to get our luggage from baggage claim.

We caught a shuttle to our bed and breakfast (in hindsight, we should have taken a taxi as it was one of the rare instances in which it would have been cheaper). Our B&B was near Vatican City in a quieter part of town. The Vatican is in the northeast part of town so it was a little out of the way, but overall, was a good choice for the value and ability to escape the craziness of Roma.

Later that night we
First Taste of GelatoFirst Taste of GelatoFirst Taste of Gelato

Yum... many more to come.
ventured to the city center for dinner, got back to our neighborhood and stopped by a Gelateria for gelato to finish off our night.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb