Rome, Italy.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
April 15th 2009
Published: April 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Rome


The capital of Italy and another beautiful city built amidst the ruins of the Roman Empire.

The Roman Empire lasted 400 years. At its height there was a saying: ´All roads lead to Rome, and it was true.

This morning Granny Lynne and I went into Rome with a car and driver and went to the Vatican, the world headquarters of the Catholic Church. We had been there before, but the Sistine Chapel was closed for renovations, so we missed it on that earlier visit. Today we had a wonderful guide who took us through that beautiful Chapel covered up with the artistic labors of Michelangelo. I have enclosed a photo (not very good) of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel taken with my IPhone and without flash, which is disallowed. The other photo in the Vatican is of the reading area of the Vatican library in the ancient days. It is closed off now but the Iphone photo gives you an idea what it was like when it was filled with monks and priests reading scrolls and writing them.

The other two photos are to show you that we did have Easter on board the Queen Victoria. The large almost two story display with the Easter bunny and the sheep was in the ship?s main lobby. The photo of the giant chocolate eggs was part of a display at the entrance to the dining room.

We also received a chocolate Easter bunny in our room, which we are bringing home for Sarah Merriwether, if Granddaddy doesn't eat it first!!

Love to all of you. Granddaddy and Granny Lynne



Please click on the links below for the tracking map, the Queen Victoria Bridge webcam and the Queen Victoria tracking map.

Chuck and Lynne's Satellite Tracking Map

Webcam on the Bridge of the Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria GPS Tracking Map






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb