Bums and Billionaires


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 14th 2008
Published: September 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Washing clothes in the bathtubWashing clothes in the bathtubWashing clothes in the bathtub

I don't think they get many people doing this in the Ibiza Gran Hotel
Hello,
Sorry it has been a while since our last entry; we have been pretty busy. Ibiza was fun, and a nice change of lifestyle. After Ibiza we flew in to Madrid and had an all night layover. We were going to sleep in the airport, but we met a lady on the plane and she took us back to her apartment and let us sleep there for the night. She made a salad for us and bought us some wine too, and she refused to take a single euro from us. We had a hard time believing it! The people here are different, to say the least. In the morning we awoke and took a cab to the airport and flew in to Rome. When we arrived and found our hostel, we were running on very little sleep, but after showers we decided to head downtown to see the Colosseum. This is our third day in Rome, and we have seen as much as we possibly could. We explored the Palatine Hill, the Pantheon, a cathedral decorated with the bones of 4,000 monks, the Trevi Fountain (I might have spelled that wrong), and in the Vatican we saw the Sistine Chapel and Peters Basillica. That is just to name a few things. The weather here has been interesting, very hot and humid with rain in the mornings and thunder and lightning storms. The city is very crowded, like nothing we saw in spain, and we are ready to leave today for some smaller towns.
I hope I didn,t forget much. Im sure I did though. Pictures to come soon.
C


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Washing grapesWashing grapes
Washing grapes

We love the public fountains here
Swiss GuardSwiss Guard
Swiss Guard

silly costumes..


17th September 2008

What about Ibiza?!?!
You sure didn't say much about how great a time you had with your Dad in Ibiza ... Privilege, Space, Amnesia, KM5, Blue Marlin, yachting to Fomentara, lunch @ Juan y Andrea! I guess your old man is just boring! Love you!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb