Oh Roma


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
March 10th 2008
Published: March 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This past weekend seemed to go on forever, but I had a lot of fun. Molly's birthday was Wednesday, but we had midterms on Thursday, so we did not celebrate it until Thursday evening. We all dressed up and went to the Hard Rock, MY FAVORITE PLACE IN ROME! You just can't beat good old fashioned American food and American sized portions. It was awesome! We stopped at Pascucci on the way back to get Mol a bottle of wine, then partied it up in the room a little bit before going to Scholars. It was an overall good night--Happy 20th Birthday Molly! Friday night we went to Scholars again with teh Ronaynes. Mr. Ronayne bought us drinks and they were delicious. Three new yummy drinks: 1) Black and Tan (Guiness and Harp), 2) Tophat (Guiness and Cider), 3) Snakebite (cider and lager). I love Scholars. Saturday we didn't wakeup until almost noon! God it was amazing!! It was a beautiful day, so we decided to go to the beach. It was about a 45 minute journey to Lido di Ostia. The beach was gorgeous, although the wind began to pickup and we had to leave after about a 1/2 hr because it was too cold. It'll be awesome in a month though. Today Mick and I went to mass at Santa Maria in Trastevere, then the five of us met for lunch at Scholars, again. Their food is awesome! I ordered una pizza marinara, which is just marinara sauce with oregono and garlic--It was amazing, the best pizza I've had in Italy yet, which is kind of funny considering Scholars is an Irish Pub. For dinner, Mick and I went to l'Insalata Ricca where I had my favorite Bruschetta appetizer and Greek salad meal. Only four days until Spring Break!! Ahhh...WE CAN'T WAIT!


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb