Is Rome famous for Anything?


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
November 24th 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We took a quick break from work to spend 4 days in Rome. We arrived on the Saturday at Ciampino airport, took a shuttle bus to Termini station and then the metro to our hotel/B&B. We spent the afternoon and the rest of the evening walking around the centre seeing some of the famous sights: Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Spanish Steps etc. That evening, we enjoyed the wonderful italian cusine on offer at the Hard Rock Cafe on Via Veneto.

On the Sunday, we took a long walk down to the ancient part of the city: Circus Maximus, Forum, Palatine Hill, Colosseum. A pizza-and-pasta lunch overlooking the Colosseum was a highlight, and paying the bill was a lowlight. That evening, we enjoyed more wonderful italian cuisine at a very nice chinese restaurant, behind the Pantheon.

Monday, we caught the metro over to the Vatican City to explore the Vatican museums and, of course, St. Peters square and basilica. After all that walking we limped to a ristorante near the hotel and actually ate proper italian fare - olives, spaghetti, pasta, steak, fish etc. all washed down with a nice bottle of Italian cabernet sauvingon.

On our last day, we went back to Spanish Steps to visit the Keats-Shelley House (where Keats had died) and then we revisted the roman forum for a proper look (we'd run out of time on sunday). Then it was just time to squeeze in a repeat visit to the Hard Rock Cafe, before catching the metro and the shuttle back to the airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb