Rome, naaaastiest city so far!!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 5th 2007
Published: July 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Italy - Rome - 2 nights

Rome has some absolutely breathtaking sights but the people here SUCK and the only thing that sucks more than them is their maps and directions.

We arrived and spent about a hour looking around the train station for an information centre, their friggin signs and maps were impossible to follow, they lead to dead ends and definitely no information centre.
Fortunately we found a tourist information person wandering around, unfortunately he was a rude, arrogant CU*T!!

Anyway moving on, we got a map off him and managed to find our own way down the graffiti, rubbish strewn roads to our hostel.
Our hostel left a lot to be desired, they have a kitchen here but even Adam won't eat anything made it in (yes, it is that bad!!)

Luckily our time in Rome has improved heaps.
Our first afternoon here we missioned it down to the Colloseum, it was pretty cool and the other ruins around it on Palatino Hill and the Roman Forum were amazing.

Today we went to the Vatican, all through the museums, the Sistine Chapel and St Peters Bascillica.
The stuff in the Vatican museums is awesome, almost every little thing in there is probably priceless and they even have a whole section with Egyptian stuff which was really cool.
I thought the Sistine Chapel was a bit of a let down but Adam liked it and St Peters Bascilica was huge and really impressive. It was impossible to get a photo that would do it justice.

After that we just wandered down to the Pantheon (every cool building which has been preserved a lot better than the Roman Forum area) and then the Fontana Di Trevi (a beautiful fountain but totally overrun with tourists, it was like flys on shit and almost impossible to get a decent photo of it!).

The ruins here are amazing and I am glad we came to see them but we are looking forward to moving on late tomorrow arvo.


Luffs
Ellen and Adam (2 back packers who would never move to rome, well maybe if all the Italians moved out of it first!)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb