Rainy Sunday in Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
January 7th 2024
Published: January 18th 2024
Edit Blog Post

We had breakfast at the American restaurant, Homebaked. Lots of bacon (real), pancakes, eggs, etc., on the menu. Lots of Americans eating that breakfast. Mike had avacado toast which he loved. Walked over to St. Peter’s Square for Angelus and blessing. Square was packed today, as opposed to yesterday afternoon.

We had tickets for the Rome Hop On Hop Off bus but had to walk to the other side of the Tiber to get to a stop. Mike had picked up a cold and was feeling crumby, and it was raining off and on. We got on the bus and rode the full cycle. ‘Saw’ the coliseum and Circus Maximus but most of the sites were a walk after leaving the bus so we stayed on and listened to the narration. When we got off, we took a taxi back to the apartment. I took a walk around the neighborhood, found the PAM supermarket and got a few options for dinner, then carry-out from the restaurant where we had stopped for a bit the first day. Tried to have a restful evening, in preparation for the Vatican tour Monday morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Drying clothes Drying clothes
Drying clothes

There was a washer but no dryer. The towel heating rack helped a lot.


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb