Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
December 16th 2018
Published: December 16th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We started in Raleigh and boarded our flight from RDU to Rome. Susan loved the first-class seat that included champagne, a large pillow, lie flat seats… Of course, I did too. We had a nice meal and then tried to crash. I slept some but again you just don’t get too much sleep on a flight when you are going to bed at 8 and waking up at 1. Your body just isn’t used to those times. We got to Paris, went thru passport control and headed to our flight to Rome. Air France first class was nothing more than regular class except the service. It was disappointing. We arrived in Rome and took a taxi to the hotel.

Our first stop after the hotel was to get our Roma pass that we had purchased online. Well, the place we selected online where we would pick it up, was closed…. What??? Oh course this was discovered after walking a while to get to the location. So, we find another location and walked there. This was at Plaza Navona and we were able to secure our pass. We walked around the plaza and then headed to the Pantheon and then to the Trevi Fountain. Both places were awesome but for different reasons. We then looked at the map and decided it was just as easy to walk back to the hotel instead of walking to the metro and taking it because we would still have to walk a bit from the metro stop, On the walk back, we saw the Spanish Steps.

The Christmas decorations are out and look lovely, especially the ones in the streets.

Back at the hotel, we couldn’t figure out how to work the heat. Turns out you have to ask the front desk and they turn something on. Ok, … We then looked online to try to find a restaurant. There was one that was “open” very close to the hotel. We walked there, and it was closed. Sigh, we went back to the hotel and the concierge recommended a place about 8 blocks away. It sounded ok, not great, but since it was early and not much was open, we headed that way. On the way though, we found a nicer restaurant and ate there.

We then came back to the hotel, showered and crashed. Hopefully we will be on Europe time in the morning.

Pictures will come later in another blog entry

Advertisement



Tot: 0.604s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.2323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb