From Italy to London


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Friuli-Venezia Giulia » Trieste
July 13th 2007
Published: July 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

July 6, 2007
Today we left Italy and had to head back to Croatia to catch our flight back to London. The Tour de France starts in London this weekend and Jon is very excited to see it all. The Rijecka airport is actually on the island of Krk. We drove from Trieste, through Slovenia and then back to Croatia. There was a bridge to get to Krk Island. We checked out the little town of Krk. Krk was a really small cute little seaside town. The Rijeka airport is crazy. This is the smallest little place. The building looks like it was in a war. You would not believe that it was a working airport. We were flying on Easy jet which is an airline that is really inexpensive but they charge you for everything. We somehow managed to rearrange the luggage in a way that we only ended up paying 18 Euros for extra baggage. We are headed to the Green Park Hilton which Jon has selected so we will be right in the Tour de France action.

July 9, 2007
We had three fun filled days in London. Jon was really excited to see the first day of the Tour de’ France start in London. We stayed at the Green Park Hilton right near where the prolog was happening. The bike race was a lot of fun. We walked all over the place to see the start, during and finish. We got our Tour t-shirts and enjoyed watching the race on the big screen that were in the parks. There were about a million people in the city of London to see the race. The tour was a lot of fun to see happen near Big Ben, Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace and all of the big London city monuments. Our friend Katie McNab met us at our hotel for drinks and then dinner. We then decided that we should go to a famous club called The Ministry of Sound. This was a crazy dance club with three rooms of music and dancing. We had a few years on some of the people there but we had a blast dancing. We left The Ministry of Sound around 4 am. Subsequently, all day Sunday was spent ordering room service and watching the Tour on TV and the men’s finals of Wimbledon which Rodger Federer won.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb