We are both finally here!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Bologna
October 5th 2008
Published: October 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I'm here!I'm here!I'm here!

Jason picking me up from Bologna airport with my 5 bags!
Hello everyone!

We are finally here. I arrived on Friday and so far things have been great! Friday and Saturday night we stayed in a hotel in Ferrara because there was no availability in Bologna due to a big Trade Show going on here. We went to a great little restaurant on Friday night in the centre of Ferrara that we just stumbled across because it was hidden called "Osteria della Campana". It had traditional food of the Emilia-Romagna region that we are in.

Saturday we decided to adventure into the grocery store and mall to see what we were getting into in our new life here in Italy. Supposedly I'm going to be the cook in our family now so I had to see what I would be buying! All the fresh food was amazing. Everyone uses plastic gloves to pick up the fruit and vegetables. There were 5 different kinds of milk and NO indication whatsoever which was closest to SKIM! Guess I'll have to test that out.

After our mall exploration we drove into Bologna which is about 40 min from Ferrara and walked around. We walked to our apartment and took some pictures of the outside but aren't able to get into until Monday. The area is really cute with tons of little shops on the street very close to our apartment. That night we met a friend of Jason's from his work, Dean and his wife Jackie, and went to another amazing restaurant. I don't think we'll ever be complaining about the food here!

Today we moved to a hotel in Bologna for one last night until we move into our apartment tomorrow at 2pm! We are very excited get settled. Our air shipment arrives tomorrow and our sea shipment (with most of our furniture) arrives in about 1 week.

Our friends Jennie and Mark arrive next Saturday and we may still be sleeping on air mattresses but at least we'll be in our apartment!

We will keep you updated. We included some pictures of the castle in Ferrara and the outside of our apartment!

Ciao! Kristi and Jason


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Our apartmentOur apartment
Our apartment

From the outside. We are on the 2nd floor but can't get in until tomorrow!
J.W. KopazJ.W. Kopaz
J.W. Kopaz

Jason taking a pic of his name on the doorbell, spelled wrong! Where is my name? Am I just the homemaker?
Via SaragozzaVia Saragozza
Via Saragozza

The street right across from our apartment.
The VialeThe Viale
The Viale

Entrance to the centre of Bologna from our apartment.


5th October 2008

yeah!
Glad you made it safe and sound. Excited to try and skype you. Have fun with mark and Jennie
5th October 2008

Looks Great!
Kristi and Jason, So glad you made it safe to Italy and that you're already getting right down to business with the grocery shopping. You will probably never have a bad meal ever--even if you're cooking, Kristi. Just add garlic and it will be good. How the heck did you travel with 5 bags? Much love, Em
6th October 2008

Yeah!!!
thank you for the update. We enjoyed reading. Paul said look at all those bags!!!!!Of course , Bonnie and Paul helped her in Minneapolis. We are happy you will be setting up house tomorrow. love ya!
7th October 2008

Yeah!
I can hear the excitement when reading your postings! What an exciting journey for the both of you. Can't wait to follow continue following your blog! Would love to come and visit you sometime!
8th October 2008

meraviglioso!
I so happy you both arrived in Bologna safely. Jason, you are a brave man to nominate Kristi as your Giada De Laurentiis (Italian chef)- Enjoy the cooking adventure!
17th October 2008

Glad to hear
OMG the pictures are awesome, I'm really thinking about a savings account for our vacation to Italy!! Great work on keeping us informed it is so exciting, like being close but far away!! Love you both. Be safe Aunt Penny and Uncle Steve
18th October 2008

Hey
Nice to here from you guys. I hope your having a smooth transition. I need to get me one of them homemakers!
18th October 2008

Thanks-
Thanks for sending your blog link. I am so happy for both of you, we miss you guy's already. Sounds like you are enjoying your new home even though you are sleeping on air mattresses, you will have these memories forever. Remember, always play as hard as you work. Love you!

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb