Bologna, from Ducati to Tourist Train


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Bologna
July 2nd 2018
Published: July 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I am excited today, as we have booked a factory tour of the Ducati plant and Museum.

Sorry there will be no photos of this, as we had to lock the camera in a locker and the phones were provided with "No Camera" stickers to cover both lenses so we could not take photos of the factory. You will have to take my word when I say that this tour is well worth the effort to see. I have been quite taken by the Scrambler range of bikes they have. These are a cross over bike with semi road tyres that would be great in a forest dirt track.

The Museum on the other hand was a bit average compared with Porsche or Michelin, but a great chronology of Ducati's history.

After the Museum we planned to walk through the centre of Bologna for the afternoon, but with the Mercury hitting the mid thirties, we soon decided the Tourist Train (a small car chassis with a train body, pulling 6 trailers) was a better solution. We also spent some time in the original library of the scholars of the region - what a wonderful place. Lunch was a disaster, but once we finished with the train and started to walk back to the car, we found a small restaurant with great Aperol Spritzers and Pizza's, so we managed to waste an hour there.

As it was Monday we were also getting worried about what we would do for dinner as most restaurants in the small towns are shut. So on the way back to Maranello, when we passed a restaurant with all of its tables being set up on the lawn, we took the opportunity to have dinner there. Those of you who saw the Facebook posts will have noticed the two glasses of wine (1 bottle) we had for dinner. In fact the entire meal was excellent and so cheap yes another great fine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb