DAY 47 SORRENTO


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Sorrento
July 2nd 2023
Published: July 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post


No seat belts necessary! A young 'chick' drove off in this without offering us a lift.
Compared to the movement of discovery yesterday, today was movement at siesta pace and for only a short time too.

After attending the accommodations breakfast venue for a late Italian breakfast (1 croissant, 1 café latte) we purchased 5 peaches but before being put in our place by the nonna running the small deli; she was the only one to touch and select the fruit. Back in our room we prepared for our little outing … down the damn “Steps” again to the port area to purchase the ferry tickets for tomorrows trip to Amalfi so we can get to Ravello. It may be the only place we visit and enjoy as it has much to offer. It is very small and virtually a pedestrian only village. We will find out.

We continued along the coast before climbing the incline to the top returning us via small lanes to Sorrento and the upper reaches and vehicle free Corsa Italia which, being Saturday, was bustling with locals and tourists alike. A busker, playing the piano accordion was entertaining the passers-by and those standing listening. A very friendly atmosphere. Window shopping, people watching and a sit down outside eating a typical

Jane enjoying a Lemon granita whilst wandering.
Italian lunch of crusty bread, prosciutto, various cheeses, olives, salami with a wine, rose for Jane and a Barolo red for me rounded out our few hours of wandering.

I headed back to the accommodation while Jane, with credit card in hand, wanted to feed her urge of doing more than window shopping. I hoped that her sense of responsibility would come to the fore whilst being left alone in such a tempting, materialistic area.

A few hours later, Jane joined me, with a few responsible purchases. My heart rate returned to normal and the beads of sweat on my forehead evaporated immediately.

We stepped out again for the evening to enjoy the holiday atmosphere. Found a small Italian restaurant (surprising!) in an area not travelled and enjoyed our orders. Young people were out in force. The weather has been terrific.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



2 ferries 'racing' to the jetty to off-load and to reload.


Speed was still up. Regulations (safety procedures) much different than what we are used to.


Beautiful 2 masted vessel anchored out from Leoncelli Beach.



One of the many lanes. This was quieter than many of the others.


Corsa Italia.


This deli had everything one would want or desire in peasant Italian food. I was bought up on such food.


Outside enjoying our peasant lunch.


Our beautiful cork seats.


Left until last ... well it is holiday time ... succumbed to another major weakness


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb