POMPEII


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Pompei
April 10th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was the last full day of our awesome Italian trip. So today we were having a day trip in Pompeii. It was a 3 hour bus ride from Rome to Pompeii so everyone made sure that they had some sort of entertainment with them. We left the hotel at 10am. We traveled a good 1 1/2 hours before we stopped at a servo and got something to eat and went to the toilet. Another hour later we arrived at Pompeii. We got off the bus at the front of a market. We waited about 30 mins before finding the tour guide. The city was still in good tact from its chaotic disaster nearly 2000 years ago. It was a very well built town. It only had 4 main roads though. A north, east, south, and a west road. these roads were very wide. They were made of stone and you could see in the ground that there were groves from were the horse and cart had been traveling. Then the guide showed us an old fashioned fast food outlet. The guide told us that the people working there would have to make the food and then store it under a terracotta pot to keep it warm. Next we went to an old amphitheater where the people would hold there concerts. Before Pompeii was destroyed the stands had designated seats with the VIPs and people like that in the front rows because they were the best seats, men would sit in the middle, and he women and children would have to sit up the back. The guide said that the stands can only hold about 1000 people now because the other stands have collapsed but before they collapsed the stands could hold 5000 people. Next we went into an old house that on some of the walls you could still see the paintings that the house owner had drawn. After that we went into another house that was probably the most liked thing about Pompeii to other people, that had all different kinds of sex positions painted on the walls. After that we made our way to a big grassy area where we took a picture of the whole group. Then after a long series of photos we made our way to the place where they stored all the old stuff that they recovered in the rubble like bodies and pots and crockery and ancient objects. After that we went to the pizza shop. Then we went back to the market and spent some free time there and looked at all the stalls. There were some pretty funny things in the stalls. Then we got on the bus and drove all the way back to Rome. And that was end of our day in Pompeii. THE END!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb