Sorrento


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Pompei
October 19th 2017
Published: October 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

IMG_3281IMG_3281IMG_3281

Breakfast in Sorrento
Well after a surprisingly good night sleep we headed of to the train station to see where we could spend today, not a lot more to do in Pompeii, think it's more a place where they bring you on excursions to see the ruins. After a lot of deliberation (1 minute) we jumped in the train to Sorrento, 40 minute trip, €10 for 2 return, not bad going.
Very pleasantly surprised, what a lovely place, we decided to have breakfast! More like a 3 course meal, there was everything, bacon, sausage you name it and all for €12, don't think we'll eat again today.
Had a walk up & down the narrow streets browsing in the shops, me looking for a swimming costume Kelley looking for a coat??? Weather was lovely???
Walked down to the harbour, was lovely, a bit like a warm Whitby, stood chatting to a guy from Nottingham who was fishing and a nice couple from Bournemouth for quite a while, then walked miles (well half hour) to the next harbour where we sat on the terrace of a hotel and enjoyed the sun while sipping cold lager (coffee for Kel). Went down in elevator to sit by beach but after being told this cost €10 each for the privilege went back up to the terrace and sat in the sun for the afternoon till the sunset over the bay, it really was lovely. We then strolled around the narrow streets before sitting and having......guess what?????? Pizza, unfortunately we then had to get the train back to 'THE BATES MOTEL' ???


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

IMG_3289IMG_3289
IMG_3289

Sunset over Sorrento bay


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb