Capri and Anacapri


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Naples
July 5th 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post



Woke up early today (a little difficult to do after my night out in Naples) and hopped on a ferry to the island of Capri. It was so beautiful! There was large cliffs and beautiful blue water. Once there, we headed straight up to the village of Anacapri. The ride up was insane. First because of the gorgeous views we got; second because the roads are wide enough to basically fit one car yet it was a two-way street. There was a lot of stopping and going as our bus driver let people go by and if we did go by another car, there was probably half a foot between them and us. I don’t know how these drivers navigate, but they do.
We got up to Anacapri and took a chairlift up to the top of Monte Solaro, a mountain that sits 650 meters above sea level. The chairlift took 13 minutes and moved at a nice, slow pace. Once at the top we got to see amazing panoramic views of the island. We were literally up amongst the clouds and looking down there were birds below us leisurely gliding along with the wind coming off the mountain.
We then went all the way back down to Capri Village, had lunch and shopped around the village for a bit. Capri is a very ritzy place. All of the men and women were walking around dressed to impress with designer clothes and handbags (the men too!). We went all the way down to the Marina Grande and hit up the beach for an hour. To my surprise, the beach was a rock beach, which I found really uncomfortable and extremely hard to walk on, but there were people all over laying out (yes, on the rocks) and some people in the water too.
We came back to Naples and the ship put on a 4th of July BBQ for us with all the classics. It was the perfect end to the day and my stay in Italy. I saw everything I wanted to see and ate everything that I wanted to eat. There are so many more places that I need to see though, so I’ll definitely be coming back.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

ChairliftChairlift
Chairlift

Chairlift we took up to the top of the mountain with Anacapri below
Cool Bugs!Cool Bugs!
Cool Bugs!

Random, I know, but there were so many flowers and bugs at the top of the mountain, so I had to take some pics of them :)
ButterflyButterfly
Butterfly

There were tons of butterflies up at the top of the mountain too!


6th July 2009

ahhh nak! this sounds like you had soo much fun! ily and miss you!
11th July 2009

Pictures
Love em!
13th July 2009

Nikki, this sounds awesome! I just moved to the North End of Boston, "Little Italy." You will definitely have to come sometime and see if it reminds you of the homeland! The streets are certainly narrow enough, the food is amazing, the cafes are always crowded and there is a festival every weekend. It's fun! I love your photog skillz too :) Love you!
13th July 2009

I love Capri--been there a couple times. Just beautiful!

Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0921s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb