Arrivederci, Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Capri
June 27th 2012
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.5509, 14.2429

Well, it's our last full day in Italy. We were awakened this morning by the sound of a crowing rooster and the mooing of cows. We checked out our doorwall and there were also sheep grazing and cherries being picked in the fields next door.

Our morning began with a good breakfast at the Hotel Bussola. They served lunchmeats, cheeses, spreads, juices, coffee and hot tea. The best part were the cakes and rolls which were fresh baked and still warm. We were then driven by car to the city center where we could catch a bus to Capri. We had spent yesterday in Anacapri. The bus carried us down the mountain road ,which we arrived in Capri, learned it was named "Mama Mia Road." There's a reason for that title. It was just as scary coming down as it was yesterday going up.

The town of Capri was larger than Anacapri and had many more shops. Several of them were high end stores. They work very hard at the upkeep and cleanliness of the area. We saw several workers cleaning and even one guy was scrubbing the concrete sidewalks. There were no cars or motorcycles allowed in the passageways of the city center. We did our touring of the area then stopped to rest in the shade on some benches overlooking the Marina Grande. It was very scenic with the water, boats in port and houses going from water level all the way up the mountain side. Capri is situated higher up the cliff from the marina. It was necessary for us to take a trolley down the cliff to where we would catch a ferry to Napoli. That boat ride was relaxing and air conditioned. It's still very hot here.

After arriving in Napoli we caught a bus, to take us to the tram, which would get us to the train station. Wow! Today we've walked and traveled by car, bus, boat, trolley, tram and train.

On the train back to Rome we passed farms with cows and horses. Growing in the fields were crops of corn, fruit trees, grapevines, hay, sunflowers, and olive trees.

Arriving back in Rome we located our bed and breakfast, checked in , then went out for dinner.
Our choices tonight were lasagna, cannelloni, mixed salad, and white wine. It was all very good. Of course being our last night here we had to have a gelato which was delicious. We walked around for a while taking in the sights for one last time since tomorrow morning we are homeward bound.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



28th June 2012

Gotta say I think this has been your best journey. I've enjoyed following every day of it. I know you miss your family, and we miss you, but I'd still be sad to say arrivederci, Roma. Oh, and I hope you got used to the heat; think it's supp
osed to be over 100 here tomorrow. Welcome Home!!!!

Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb