Arrivederci Roma! On our way to Costiera Amalfitana!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Campania » Amalfi
April 1st 2012
Published: April 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Limoncello, Limonata, Lemon Sorbetti, Lemons, Lemons, Lemons...Limoncello, Limonata, Lemon Sorbetti, Lemons, Lemons, Lemons...Limoncello, Limonata, Lemon Sorbetti, Lemons, Lemons, Lemons...

There are lemon trees everywhere along the Amalfi coast and it looks like Limoncello is their local drink.
After waiting for almost an hour in a tiny Hertz rental office, waiting for some South Americans to stop arguing over 20 Euros in their bill, we finally took possession of our car - not the Ford Mondeo wagon but a Ford Galaxy minivan. It's great to see that even in Italy, you never get a rental car with a full tank of fuel.

Luckily the TomTom GPS we brought with us from Australia worked and we managed to get out of Rome on a relatively quiet Sunday morning without much fuss and get onto the Autostrada heading south towards Napoli and, eventually, the tiny town of Amalfi.

At 130kph, we were passed by most cars but made good time. A stop along the way at the Fashion Outlets allowed us to get lunch and get Emily a pair of bright green jeans - very nice.

Euro 18.70 in tolls got us to the Amalfi Coast and then the most crazy drive along the coastline through the narrowest of streets and maniacal car, scooter and bus drivers. The coastline is like nothing we have ever seen.

We arrived at Amalfi Holiday Resort right on 5pm and left our car with Salvatore, the parking attendant. A bargain at Euro 20/day. Then Lino and Susy greeted us and showed us to our very nice apartment.

The kids jumped in the pool for a swim and then we took a quick stroll through the town to find some dinner - pizza and pasta (again).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb